Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

Treasure box

I can sense  toxic air coming from the burned smoke. Sensing burned ashes lying on the solid concrete. I hear sadness from families  because they have  lost everything. Babies crying,  they have no idea what's happening.  Children scared and shaking with fear. I feel the coldness coming into me as I walk, I feel terrified for what's going to happen. I recognise families trying to escape this horrifying moment.

Everyone is walking slowly. As I keep walking, days passing, I feel weakness coming towards me and the others. I feel in the most dangerous moment. Everyone heartbroken for what has happened.  I wish we all  had our freedom given back to us but instead it was taken away from us. I see families shaped as a seashell to keep themselves warm. Children starving with hunger.

After  days of walking, we finally arrived at our new home. Everything looked  different compared to our old village. All the houses were connected not separated. There weren’t many trees for us to breathe and families were struggling to feed themselves.

I don't feel the same compared to my old village. But I do feel like I’m in a safe place, a home to live in with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment